Thursday, November 18, 2010

"It's all fun and games until someone yells Avada Kadava"

Guess I'll have to explain this title... So Megan Bahr and I were up on campus watching people walk by. I brought my camera because I thought a bunch of people would be all dressed up for the Harry Potter movie tonight at midnight. I told Megan this and she said, "I wish we had our own magic Harry Potter world..." and I replied back, "Ya, well it's all fun and games until someone yells Avada Kadava." (The Killing Curse). She laughed a little, but was mostly upset I killed her dreams of a magic world...

So here at college I've really been into doing fun things like being in movies (Deception and BYU vs. UoU Food Drive) other fun random activities. Last night as a pre-celebration of the Harry Potter movie coming out, I went to the Harry Potter Fest that BYU put on. But I didn't go as a wizard, I went as a snitch. Yep, the golden ball that the seekers must find in the Wizard game of Quidditch.


Basically my job was to run around with a gold outfit during the game of Quidditch and not got my flags pulled. It was a lot of fun!

I've noticed that most of the best and most fun things I've done at college have been spur of the moment decisions. Carpe Diem!

Also, today I found out that my family got a puppy! Its a little Beagle puppy and they're planning on naming it Bailey. It's been over a year that Greta, my last dog died. She was a Yellow Lab and such a nice, sweet dog. I kinda feel a little sad that we are replacing her, but I'm also pretty excited for Bailey :)


I'm pretty pumped for Thanksgiving Break, it's definitely a much needed break! We only have a few more weeks until finals and I'm definitely feeling it drawing closer and closer. I'm just going to have a nice relaxing Thanksgiving here at school, but will definitely miss my family. I won't see them (and Bailey now too) until Christmas.

Overall life is pretty good, we've had some flooding problems in our hall but thats about it. I think I'll end with a funny little status I saw on Facebook:

1 comment:

  1. Love your costume as the snitch! Also love your new puppy!! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete