Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Comedy Show has been too serious!

Well it's nearing the end of my first year at college, which is pretty bittersweet. I've enjoyed college and the experiences this year, but I'll definitely miss my Freshmen year once it's over. They say Freshmen year is the most fun you'll ever have, and I definitely agree with that! It's kind of a weird feeling because I wish I had been more outgoing and involved in things, but at the same time I loved my Freshmen year just the way it was.

As you can tell from my title, I've realized that my blogs lately have been pretty deep spiritual and philosophical stuff, and I need to lighten it up a bit. Sharing thoughts and ideas are always a good thing, but I'll admit it's not a very exciting blog to read. So from now on I'll try to live up to my name of "My Life is a Comedy Show."

I truly do believe that if I had cameras following me all day I would have one of the most popular TV shows in the country. Not because I'm awesome or that I tell funny jokes, it's just that my life is so crazy, ironic, and awkward that I'm sure to someone else it would be great entertainment. Don't buy it? Listen to dinner last night at Tucanos....

Tucanos is a Brazilian restaurant where they bring huge chunks of meat to your table and they cut it right onto your plate and it's all you can eat. Well the 10 of us that went had a bit of a competition to see who could last the longest before getting full.

An hour and a half later of eating we were all stuffed and headed out to the cars. As we were walking we hear someone have a hefty barf and turn around to find Alex just smiling back at us. We ask him if he just threw up, he says yes and keeps walking.

As we keep talking and walking on our way to the car he threw up 4 times mid-conversation! It was the  awesomest thing ever, major respect. He just would be talking, puke, and finish right where he left off.

Then me, being the person I am, said loud enough for this family walking by, "That's the last time I go drinking with you Alex! But do you think you're still ok to drive?"

Of course we weren't drinking and he was fine, but I could only imagine what that family thought was going on!

So that's just dinner for me, so you can imagine what breakfast and lunch are like for me! (And if a reality TV show director is reading this post, I'm completely available and ready to negotiate a contract)

I hope everyone is having a good week and is looking forward to April Fool's Day like I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment